2014 Honda Shadow Aero
8601 2014 Honda Shadow 750 (2)
Old-School Style. New-School Performance.
In our entire lineup of Shadow 750s, our Shadow Aero is one of the most popular cruisers on the road. And one look will tell you why—classic retro style, like the spoked wheels, full fenders and long, chromed mufflers. Styling is offset by thoroughly modern performance courtesy of the 745cc V-twin engine, specially tuned for low-revving torque, and maintenance-reducing features like shaft final drive. Best of all, the Aero is a huge bargain, giving you a big-bike ride without the big-bike price. And it’s a bargain when it comes time to fill up, too. If you’re ready to turn some heads in a big way and appreciate a bike that’s never going to go out of style, the Aero is the machine for you.
A Classic Engine With Modern Power: There’s nothing like a V-twin when it comes to cruisin’. And the Shadow Aero gets one of our best: a 745cc powerplant that provides plenty of torque and a wide, user-friendly powerband.
There’s No Mistaking That V-Twin Sound: The Aero features a custom 2-into-2 exhaust system, flowing into bullet-style mufflers. The result is a soul-stirring sound that's classic V-twin cruiser, making the Aero a bike that sounds as good as it looks.
Less Maintenance Means More Time For Riding: Cruisers should be about getting out and having fun, not about maintenance headaches. That’s why the Aero’s shaft final drive makes so much sense. Clean, virtually maintenance-free and efficient, it’s the smart choice.
- V-Twin Engine: Nothing pumps out the torque like a big V-twin. The Aero’s power makes it perfect for both around-town cruising, commutes, and casual weekend-long rides.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow Aero's fuel injection system means no-hassle start-ups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
- 2-Into-2 Exhaust System: Sleek pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and a 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
- Five-Speed Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed transmission lets you cruise the boulevard at a low, unhurried pace, at the same time allowing you to hop on the highway without revving the engine through the roof.
- Shaft Final Drive
- Front Disc Brake: If there’s one place you DON’T want retro performance, it’s when it comes to your brakes. That’s why we gave the Shadow Aero a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power.
- Spoked Wheels: Spoked wheels give the Aero a classic look.
- Full Front Fender: A wide metal front fender gives the Aero a classic styling touch.
- Low Seat Height: Skimming the pavement at just 25.9 inches, the Aero’s low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Aero’s narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
- Comfortable Saddle: The broad, low-slung solo seat features a detachable passenger seat.
- Chrome Highlights: Chrome highlights include cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, engine sidecovers, brake and clutch-lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, handlebar, rear shock covers and more.
- Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 79 mm x 76 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 34 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: 180 mm drum
- Front Tire: 120/90-17
- Rear Tire: 160/80-15
- Rake: 34 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 161 mm (6.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 64.5 in.
- Seat Height: 25.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 560 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal., including 0.9-gal. reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 56 MPG
- Model Id: VT750CE
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin, SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- 745 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 34 mm throttle body
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 180 mm drum
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 25.9 in.
- 34 deg. (Caster Angle)
- 6.3 in. (161 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal., including 0.9-gal. reserve
- 56 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 560 lb.
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- One Year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.