2013 Honda CBR1000RR
8340 2013 Honda CBR 1000 (3)
The Essential Superbike.
It’s hard to improve on a machine that’s already as good as Honda’s incredible CBR1000RR. You can build a faster bike or one with more power, but probably nothing that combines power, handling, riding quality, and overall build quality to the degree this versatile open-class sportbike does.
And that’s a huge issue. Riders everywhere are rediscovering the fact that they want a motorcycle that sets high standards, but sets them in a balanced way. CBR riders have known that for decades. And they know another secret: a better balanced bike can actually be faster than one with just a lot of power.
Second-Generation HESD: The compact second-generation HESD helps maintain predictable high-speed handling and low-speed maneuverability. Way more sophisticated than a simple fixed-rate damper, it’s one of the keys to the CBR1000RR’s extraordinary handling.
LCD Instrumentation: The CBR1000RR’s full-screen LCD instrumentation includes a lap timer, trip and fuel-consumption computer, five-level customizable shift indicator, gear-position indicator and peak-rpm memory function.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: Two sets of injectors per cylinder for both low- and high-rpm performance. Instantaneous high-rpm response, along with great low-rpm metering and clean running.
- Assisted Slipper Clutch: Superbikes can deliver a great deal of backtorque through the driveline, upsetting handling. Not the CBR1000RR. Its Honda-designed Assisted Slipper Clutch is the same type used on our MotoGP bikes. The design does away with the need for heavy clutch springs ensuring full power transmission with smooth shifting and a light clutch pull at the lever.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper
- Twin-Spar Aluminum Chassis: Four-piece aluminum frame design balances strength, rigidity, and lightness. Wrapped tightly around the engine, the structure helps centralize the CBR1000RR's mass for more responsive handling--some of the best anywhere on two wheels.
- BPF Front Suspension: The CBR1000RR’s front suspension uses a Big Piston Fork (BPF). The 43mm Showa fork is smoother and more responsive, and gives you excellent front-end feedback.
- Unit Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR1000RR features premium suspension front and rear. In the back, the Unit Pro Link design uses a Balance Free Rear shock that uses a double-tube design for smoother and more accurate response.
- Gull-Wing Swingarm: The CBR1000RR’s braced aluminum "gull wing" swingarm is deliberately long. That helps deliver improved traction and gives the rider excellent chassis feedback.
- 12-Spoke Wheels: With their consistent rigidity and balance, these sharp-looking 12-spoke cast aluminum wheels work with the BPF fork to enhance suspension feedback to deliver real handling improvements.
- Layered Fairing: There’s no mistaking the 2013 CBR1000RR, thanks to its Layered Fairing bodywork. Lean, mean, more aggressive from front to back, it’s a real attention getter, even when it’s standing still.
- LCD Instruments: The CBR1000RR’s full-screen LCD instrumentation includes a lap timer, trip and fuel-consumption computer, five-level customizable shift indicator, gear-position indicator and peak-rpm memory function.
- Engine Type: 999cc liquid-cooled Inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 76mm x 55.1mm
- Induction: Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 46mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 43mm inverted Big Piston fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Unit Pro-Link® Balance Free Rear Shock with spring preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 5.4 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full floating 320mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 220mm disc
- Front Tires: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tires: 190/50ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 23.0 deg. 3 min. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 96.0mm (3.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 32.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 439 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.7 gal., including 1.06 gal. reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 41 MPG
- Available Colors: Red, Black
- Model Id: CBR1000RR
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Note: Standard against which all other literbikes are measured
- One Year: Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 x 55.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 46mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Front Suspension
- 43mm inverted Big Piston fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Unit Pro-Link® Balance Free Rear Shock with spring preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 5.4 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full floating 320mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 220mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 190/50ZR-17 radial
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in.
- 23.0 deg. 3 min.
- 96.0 mm (3.8 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal., including 1.06 gal. reserve
- 41 MPG
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 439 lb.
- Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #530 O-ring-sealed chain
- Red, Black
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.