2009 Kawasaki Concours™ 14
7974 2009 KAWASAKI CONCOURSE (7)
1,352cc Four-Cylinder, DOHC Engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
- Tuned to provide smooth power across a wide rev range
- Variable valve timing improves the engine's flexibility and efficiency by altering the camshaft profiles to boost low-end and mid-range torque without sacrificing top-end power
- Compact and narrow engine design
- Chrome composite plated aluminum cylinder bores are lightweight, durable, and quickly carry heat away from the combustion chamber and piston for supreme durability under high loads
Gear-Driven Dual Engine Balancers
- Already in perfect primary balance, dual secondary balancers virtually eliminate unwanted vibrations for extremely smooth engine operation and enhanced rider comfort
Ram Air Induction
- Ram air ducts provide a straighter path to the airbox for maximum intake efficiency
- Supplies cooler, high-pressure air to the engine for maximum power output via the air filter
Digital Fuel Injection
- Digital computer feeds the engine exactly the amount of fuel it needs for cleaner emissions and maximum fuel economy
- 32-bit electronic control unit works with dual throttle valve system to further enhance throttle response and control
- Throttle bodies are fitted with sub-throttle valves that are controlled by the ECU to provide smooth, precise response similar to constant velocity carburetors
- Digital Timing Advance enhances low-and mid-range power
- Four individual spark plug-mounted ignition coils fire each spark plug independently to achieve the optimum timing for that cylinder at that instant
- Idle speed control system included in ECU for easier starting and warm-up
Radial Pump Clutch Master Cylinder
- Hydraulic clutch features a radial-pump clutch master cylinder for smooth and precise clutch engagement
Monocoque Aluminum Frame
- Hollow aluminum box sections arch over the engine from the steering head to the swing arm pivot, the frame is narrow, rigid and very light
- Rigidly mounted engine acts as a stressed frame member to increase the frame's torsional rigidity and saves approximately four pounds
- Engine positioned forward in the frame, wheelbase and front/rear weight balance were carefully designed to achieve high-speed stability and responsive handling
- Massive steering head casting contributes to frame rigidity
Radial-mount Petal-type Front Disc Brakes
- Radial design utilizes integrated mounting points at both the top and bottom of the caliper, with the mounting bolts inserted through the rear of the caliper instead of the side/front. This makes the caliper more rigid, which improves brake feel over a wider range of operation
- Separate brake pads are used for each piston to provide increased cooling efficiency and more consistent brake feel under extreme conditions
- Petal design front and rear brake rotors provide enhanced cooling and better warp resistance
- Radial-pump front brake master cylinder improves brake performance and lever feel
Tetra-Lever Shaft Drive
- Unique four-link design offsets lifting and squatting tendencies of shaft drive when the throttle is opened and closed, significantly reduces driveline lash during sport riding and provides smooth acceleration when exploiting the engine's incredible power output
- Virtually maintenance free, the Tetra Lever system dramatically reduces routine maintenance requirements
Bodywork Optimized for Sport Touring
- Fairing design promotes smooth airflow around the rider and passenger with minimal buffeting
- Integrated, locking hard luggage offers plenty of storage, without disrupting the Concours 14's style or performance
- Electrically adjustable vented windscreen
- Large, comfortable seat offers long-distance comfort for both rider and passenger
- Glove box mounted on the fuel tank cover
- Easy to read speedometer and tachometer
- Multi-function LCD digital display includes an odometer, two trip meters, fuel gauge, gear position indicator and a clock
- Controller Area Network (CAN) interface between the gauges uses fewer wires and allows a greater volume of information to be exchanged than traditional instrument panels
- Kawasaki's Intelligent Proximity Activation Start System (KI-PASS)
- Tire pressure sensors
- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, inline-four with VVT
- Displacement: 1,352 cc
- Bore and Stroke: 84.0 x 61.0mm
- Maximum Torque: 100.3 LbFt @ 6,200 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Fuel Ignition: Digital Fuel Injection
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: Tetra-Lever shaft drive
- Rake/Trail: 26.1 degrees/4.4 in.
- Front Tire Size: 120/70 ZR-17
- Rear Tire Size: 190/50 ZR-17
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted, telescopic fork with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload / 4.4 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Tetra-Lever with stepless rebound damping adjustment and remote spring preload adjuster / 5.4 in.
- Front Brake Type: Dual floating 310mm petal discs with four-piston calipers
- Rear Brake Type: Single 270mm petal disc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.8 gal.
- Seat Height: 32.1"
- Curb Weight: 670.3 lbs.
- Wheelbase: 59.8
- Overal Length: 89.4 in.
- Overall height windscreen min / windscreen max: 50.8/55.3
- Overall width at handlebars / at saddlebags: 30.7 in. / 39.4 in.
- Color: Metallic Diablo Black / Flat Super Black, Candy Diamond Red / Flat Super Black
- Warranty: 36 Months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24 or 36 months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, inline-four with VVT
- 1,352 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 84.0 x 61.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Digital Fuel Injection
- TCBI with Digital Advance
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm inverted, telescopic fork with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload; Travel: 4.4 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Tetra-Lever with stepless rebound damping adjustment and remote spring preload adjuster; Travel: 5.4 in.
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating 310 mm petal discs with four-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single 270 mm petal disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR-17
- Rear Tire
- 190/50 ZR-17
- 59.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in.
- 4.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.8 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 670.3 lbs.
- Final Drive
- Tetra-Lever shaft drive
- Metallic Diablo Black / Flat Super Black, Candy Diamond Red / Flat Super Black
- Standard: 36 months; Optional: Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, or 36 months